Hello friends, You can activate a cellular plan with your carrier using an eSIM, an industry-standard digital SIM, without using a physical SIM. On an iPhone, eight or more eSIMs can be installed, and two phone numbers can be used simultaneously.
eSIM Compatible iPhones
1. an iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, or a later model
2. a wireless service provider or international service provider that accepts eSIM
3. You must have a Wi-Fi network established on your new iPhone.
In mainland China, eSIM for iPhone is not available. Some iPhone models have eSIM for use in Hong Kong and Macao. Learn how to use Dual SIM in Hong Kong, Macao, and mainland China with two nano-SIM cards. Many international service providers offer eSIMs for usage with prepaid data plans for tourists visiting the Chinese mainland.
Turning on your new iPhone and following the onscreen prompts typically suffices to configure your eSIM.
If your carrier enables eSIM Carrier Activation or eSIM Quick Transfer, you can activate your eSIM at the same time as configuring your iPhone. When you buy an iPhone, your carrier gives it an eSIM through eSIM Carrier Activation.
Without contacting your carrier, you can transfer the SIM from your old iPhone to your new iPhone using eSIM Quick Transfer. Using either technique, turn on your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions to activate your eSIM during setup.
Later on, you can add or move an eSIM using these options as well. Contact your carrier to activate your eSIM using a QR code or your carrier’s iPhone app if none of these alternatives are available.
Don’t Miss: Realme 10 Full Specification
Don’t Miss: Google Pixel 7A Full Specification
Your iPhone will activate with an eSIM if you bought an iPhone 14 model in the US. Turn on your iPhone and follow the steps to activate your eSIM using eSIM Carrier Activation, eSIM Quick Transfer, or another activation option.
- When a notification appears that says Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed, tap it.
- In the Settings app, tap Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed.
- Tap Continue, at the bottom of the screen.
- Make a call on your iPhone to check its cellular connectivity. If you can’t make a call, contact your carrier.
- If the plan you activated replaces the plan on your physical SIM, remove your physical SIM. Then restart your iPhone
eSIM Quick Transfer on iPhone
You can move your SIM card from your old iPhone to your new iPhone with some carriers without contacting them. Additionally, you can change your actual SIM card to an eSIM.
Get in touch with your carrier to transfer your eSIM if you don’t have access to your current iPhone.
If you’re asked to transfer your SIM while configuring your iPhone, do so by following the onscreen directions. This applies to both physical and eSIM cards. The instructions listed below should be followed if you need to add more than one SIM card to your new iPhone.
- On your new iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
- Choose a cellular plan to transfer from another device. If you don’t see a list of numbers, tap Transfer From Another Device. This requires both devices to have iOS 16 or later.
- Check for instructions on your previous iPhone to confirm the transfer. To confirm, tap Transfer or, if asked for a verification code, enter the code that’s displayed on your new iPhone.
- Wait for the cellular plan to activate on your new iPhone. Your previous SIM is deactivated when the cellular plan on your new iPhone activates.
- If a banner appears on your new iPhone that says Finish Setting Up Your Carrier’s Cellular Plan, tap it. You will be redirected to your carrier’s webpage to transfer your eSIM. If you need help, contact your carrier.
Convert a physical SIM to an eSIM
You can convert a physical SIM to an eSIM on the same iPhone, if your carrier supports it. Follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular.
- Tap Convert to eSIM.
If you don’t see Convert to eSIM, your carrier doesn’t support this option. Contact your carrier to move your phone number from your physical SIM to an eSIM using eSIM Carrier Activation or by scanning a QR code.
- Tap Convert Cellular Plan.
- Tap Convert to eSIM.
- Wait for your eSIM to activate. Your previous SIM card is deactivated when the cellular plan on your iPhone activates.
- Remove the physical SIM from your iPhone. Then restart your iPhone
QR code or use a carrier app
You can scan a QR code from your carrier if eSIM Carrier Activation or eSIM Quick Transfer are not supported by your carrier.
After configuring your iPhone, acquire a QR code from your carrier and use it to activate your eSIM. then take these actions.
- Head to the Camera app, then scan the QR code.
- Tap the notification that says “Cellular Plan Detected” when it comes.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Continue.
- To add a cellular plan, tap.
- If a confirmation code is required to activate the eSIM, enter the number that was issued by your carrier.
In this article, we have seen how to activate your eSIM in Apple iPhone, and do not forget that supported devices are iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, or a later model only by Apple Officials. We have collected all this information from Apple official website and some key points we have presented in this article.
I Hope, this Article helped to understand how can we Activate eSIM in our Apple iPhone. Do not forget to share this Articles with your colleagues and contact me if you have any doubts.